Official Blog of Dr. Peter F. Gregory and his Foot Health Team
Posts for: July, 2017
This is the time of the year when our feet tend to be frequently exposed to the elements as we wear sandals, flip flops and are often barefoot.
The Foot Health Team of Dr. Peter F. Gregory, D.P.M. have some advice to share that can help keep your feet healthy this summer:
- Limit walking barefoot as it exposes feet to sunburn, as well as plantar warts, athlete's foot, ringworm, and other infections. It also increases the risk of injury to your feet.
- Wear shoes or flip-flops around the pool, to the beach, in the locker room and even on the carpeting or in the bathroom of your hotel room to prevent injuries and limit the likelihood of contracting any bacterial infections.
- Remember to apply sunscreen all over your feet, especially the tops and fronts of ankles, and don't forget to reapply after you've been in the water.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. This will not only help with overall health, but will also minimize any foot swelling caused by the heat.
- Some activities at the beach, lake or river may require different types of footwear to be worn. To be prepared, always pack an extra pair of sneakers or protective water shoes. If your shoes will be getting wet, they should be dried completely before your next wearing to prevent bacteria or fungus from growing.
If you injure your foot or ankle while on an outing, call our office immediately so we can begin treating your ailment as soon as possible.
Convenient appointments may be made by calling:
Dr. Peter F. Gregory, D.P.M.
17316 Farmington Road
Livonia, MI 48152
Your feet tell a story...We are here to listen!